SMOKE ’em if you got ’em! Aren’t ciragettes AWESOME?!? Third major smoking caused fire in as many months in just the ‘Couv alone. – Careless smoking blamed for duplex fire | The Columbian

Improperly discarded smoking materials have been listed as the cause of Thursday evening’s duplex fire in Cascade Park.

One woman was taken to the hospital after the fire broke out shortly before 9 p.m. at 1811 S.E. 146th Court. Her name was not available.

photo

Crews work on a structure fire that caused heavy damage to a duplex in Cascade Park on Thursday.

The fire gutted half of the duplex, and caused some damage to the other unit. Firefighters today estimated $85,000 damage to the structure that burned and $20,000 estimated damage to its contents. The other half of the unit suffered an estimated $40,000 damage to the structure and $15,000 to the contents.

To read the previous story, visit http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/nov/11/firefighters-dealing-with-duplex-fire-in-cascade-p/

Advertisements